Monday, March 23, 2015

Journal of the Living



Journal of the Living is a reader-directed web series about Ben Smith, a survivor of the zombie apocalypse. Ben used to work in the City as a banker – but he now leads a small group of people trying to survive in a Britain plagued by zombies and dangerous vigilante groups. Ben tells his story in his journal.  Some of his blog entries will feature a poll where he asks for advice. Readers can vote, directly affecting the storyline.



Ignore the blood on my face. It’s not infected. It’s mine. I cut my forehead a couple of days back raiding an Asda superstore in the territory of The Pure Bloods. On a whim I grabbed this laptop from the electrical aisle. I thought I’d like to write a journal about my life when I had some free time between hunts and raids. This blog might be the only record of what happened to me. I’m going to fill these blogs with things I consider important, so other people, like you, can know what it was really like living in Britain after Day One of The Zombie Apocalypse.

It’s no picnic, believe me.

Dear Reader, my name’s Ben Smith. I’m a survivor of the zombie plague, living in England ten months after civilisation collapsed. I’m alive for now – but I’ll probably undead by the time you read these words.

At the time of writing this first entry, I’m hiding out in an old farmhouse a few miles north of Watford, watching a gang of Pure Bloods hunting for me and my friends. They want back the food supplies we grabbed in the Asda raid. They’re coming my way now

– so I’d better stop writing. I’ll write some more when it’s safe.

Bye for now.
Ben Smith, April 4, 2014.



Continue reading the journal at:


Stay update on the journal’s Facebook page!

And don’t forget to visit John Moralee’s author site at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...