Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday Scares: "My Shadow Mocks Me"



Today’s Sunday Scares feature is a short, but very creepy film…


Starring: Will Evans, and Patrick Dalton

Written & directed by: Jack McGinity

Here’s a little about the film from Jack…

The film is 2 minutes and 30 seconds long and I made it with my friend and collaborator Tim Gee on a zero budget. One of our mutual friends wanted to have a mini-holiday before the birth of his first child so we organised an weekend away in Dorset on the south coast of England. 12 of us stayed in a converted farmhouse and I bought my DSLR with me for some filming fun. There was a bizarre antique photograph of a dog on the wall and we all commented on how unsettling it was so Tim (an experienced cameraman) and myself decided to film it along with random places we visited over the weekend. There was no story so I created the narrative in the edit, which is obviously an unusual way to make a film! 

Once done I was able to pull in a favour with a sound designer mate who basically created the tone though the audio (When I supplied it to him it had a Stephen Hawking style voice as I can't stand hearing my own) and from there I entered it into a few short film festivals. I was very lucky to have been picked up by Dead by Dawn but also another festival called Can-Do so it has now been shown a few times.

I really hope you enjoy the film - it's more creepy than all out horror, but definitely inspired by the tone of David Lynch and earlier David Cronenberg. 

Enjoy…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...