Friday, August 14, 2015

4 Year Anniversary!



August 14, 2009 will always be a special day for me. It was when I went from being a just horror fan watching horror movies to a participant in the world of horror. It was when I created HorrO’s Gory Reviews, and formally introduced myself to the horror world as HorrO. Go figure my first review wasn’t even a horror movie, but a sci-fi one (District 9). Hey, I was a rookie, plus I got to see the movie before its official release. I’ve gone from being a rookie to creating HorrO’s House of Horror, and couldn’t be happier about it. Now if you will bear with me for a little self-promotion, and some “thank-you’s.”


  I want to celebrate HorrO’s Gory Reviews’ 6-year anniversary by thanking all those who have taken the time to read at least one review. It means something to know someone has read your work. I certainly want to thank those who have been with me from the beginning because without you there might not have been even a second or third year anniversary.

  For those reading this at PromoteHorror.com and aren’t aware of my review blog, please take a minute and check it out. Besides reviews, it’s also a place for some other horror fun with pages like the ‘Horror on TV,’ ‘iPhone Horror Apps of the Month,’ and ‘Horror Item of the Week.’ Please feel free to follow me on Twitter under @Horrosreviews, and “Like” the Facebook page.


Not celebrating an anniversary is my second site: The Dog Days in Zombieville. This is the story I wrote and decided to make a Twitter story. The story was tweeted first, and then posted on the site. The Dog Days in Zombieville is the journal of Max Wagner, as he has documented his fight for survival in Zombieville. Honestly, with my time spent on promoting horror, I haven’t been able to finish the story. Max isn’t dead, and the story will continue at some point. For those who want to check it out, there are links on the site so that you can start reading from the beginning. Also, there are some other zombie related pages such as, ‘Zombie Pics,’ ‘Zombie iPhone Apps,’ and ‘Star Wars Zombies.’ If you want to follow the story on Twitter, you can find it under @ddnzombieville, and “Like” the Facebook page.


And now for the big one: the 4-year anniversary of PromoteHorror.com. Yes, HorrO’s Gory Reviews is older, but I say big one here because of the overwhelming support for PromoteHorror.com. It has been more than I could have ever imagined. With that said, I have to thank everyone who has requested a promotion, or as I like to call you “creators of horror.” The site wouldn’t exist without those requests. I continue to be amazed at how many creators of horror there are out there. Every time I think I’ve seen it all, someone gives me the opportunity to promote something I would never have thought of.

  Secondly, I have to thank all of the horror fans out there. The creators of horror need an audience, and you have provided that in a big way. Someone has to enjoy the promotions after all. I hope you all have found something to your liking. It’s truly an honor to see so many of you repeatedly visit the site, follow along on Twitter under @PromoteHorror, “Like” the Facebook page, and follow on Instagram.

  I never thought I would be here 4 years later. I also never thought PromoteHorror.com would help so many people. I honestly feel that if I walked away from it now I know I had some impact in the horror world even if it was small one. I don’t say that to be arrogant, but to prove to myself that I haven’t wasted my time. I know I helped someone make a movie. I know I helped someone sell a book. I know I helped someone get their project funded. I know I helped someone get their artwork seen. I know I helped get short films noticed. I know I helped podcasts get heard. That’s what “Spread the Horror” means when I repeatedly mention it.

  With 6 years of reviews and 4 years of promotions down, I’m eager to continue reviewing, and spreading the horror. I’m not sure what the future holds, but I will continue to do this as long as I can, and as long as the horror world will have me. From a creator of horror and horror fan myself; I truly appreciate the support, and all of the compliments that I’ve received. Like I said, this wouldn’t be anything without all of you great creators of horror, and the passionate horror fans out there. The compliments really go to you!

Thank you!!!

HorrO

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! Much congratulations - and continued success! You totally rock at what you do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...