Saturday, December 6, 2014

Guest Aricle by Matt Manochio, Author of The Dark Servant


Today, December 6, is the Celebration of Saint Nicholas in Europe. That means last night was Krampusnacht, the first one I celebrated since The Dark Servant was released on November 4, and I didn’t do a damn thing because there were no Krampus runs in my area. That wasn’t the case in Europe, where friendly Germans and Austrians donned their Krampus attire and flooded darkened Berlin streets to scare children.

But I have a feeling that will change. A few cities held Krampus events this year, and I’m certain the big hairy brute will find homes in other American cities as well. And it’s websites like Promote Horror that will help facilitate it. It’s not just books about Krampus that I’m sure will be popping up because he’s such a rich character. We’ll be getting movies by Kevin Smith and other filmmakers next year, and I’m sure Promote Horror will be there to spread the word.



Promote Horror is the final stop on my publicity tour, and it seems appropriate. As a new author who dabbles in horror, a genre that sometimes doesn’t get the respect it deserves, sites like Promote Horror are crucial to give those of us starting out a chance to attract attention to our various projects. Most of us don’t have huge budgets and will gladly seize a free opportunity to entice, in my case, potential readers.

So thank you, Promote Horror, not just for promoting The Dark Servant, and Krampus, but for aiding numerous writers, filmmakers and other artists in our quest to make a living, or supplement one, doing what we enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...