Monday, April 22, 2013

House Guest


A vicious murderer is on the loose and the entire city is on edge. It's the perfect evening for Rob Murphy (Alex Vincent Star of Child's Play 1 & 2) and Jen Murphy (Maylin Morera) to lock the doors and have a night at home with some friends. But what happens if one of the guests you've invited, is in fact the brutal killer that the city is fearing? House Guest is a tense thriller that locks you inside the doors of the Murphy home, where new relationships are formed, a Father and Son bond is tested, and a Brother and Sister struggle to stay alive.


Written by and staring Alex Vincent from Child's Play 1 & 2. This is his first lead role in over 20 years. 


Also starring: Brian Jalbert, Randall E. Speakman, Maylin Morera, Danielle Marcucci, Nick Canning, Jered Allen, Kyle Marra, Trevor Williamson, Randy Johnson, and Krystal Pixie Adams


House Guest is a film by Iyrus Entertainment


Directed by Jake Jalbert 


Produced by Brian Jalbert


Director’s Statement…

I knew two things going into this film. One, that it was going to be shot mostly in one location and two, that this was a story that was going to be very character driven. In this film, I was going to be relying on my actors to find and really capture the humanity in there characters. My goal was to capture them doing their best so those moments could be seen by an audience who would really care about them. I wanted them to worry about my characters, feel for them when they were scared and laugh with them when they were happy. I was up for the challenge, and to add on to that I had two main roles in this production, Director and Director of Photography. I had to make sure my characters were ready so by the time I was behind the camera all I had to do was film them acting. It was tough jumping from behind the camera to the director’s chair, especially because visually I was judging things off of two perspectives, the film and the actors performance. A positive in doing both jobs was I knew how I was going to edit the scene as I was shooting. As soon as we would finish shooting, I would have the footage rendered on my computer and start editing for the week. By the time we finished shooting the whole film, I had finished most of the bulk cut of the film. This film was a great experience for me as a new upcoming director. I learned a lot and had a great cast to work with. I would love to work with all of them in the future.



For more information, please visit:


You can also find more on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...