Tuesday, August 14, 2012

1-Year Anniversary



Today marks the 1-year anniversary of PromoteHorror.com so I decided to take the opportunity to do a little self-promotion. Before I get to that, I have to start by thanking everyone who has made this year a huge success. Admittedly, I didn’t know what to expect when I started, and was kind of worried about where I would be getting promotions. Well, it didn’t take long for the promoting opportunities to roll in.

  Month after month I have gotten all kinds of requests for promotions, as you can see. I have promoted things I never thought I would be promoting, such as the horror themed roller derby team, The Psycho 78s. I have promoted horror from all over the world including most recently Suddenly Sudden from Indonesia, which was added to the Shop page. I have been introduced to more horror than imagined was out there. Most importantly, I have formed relationships with many of you, and hope to continue to build on that in the future. As you create horror, I hope to continue spreading it.

  Now for a little self-promotion. In one year, I have done over 460 posts, which I still can’t believe I have even found the time to handle. The site has gained 83 followers and counting. As you know, I use Twitter and Facebook as key tools in getting the promotions out to horror fans. On Twitter, I have over 3160 followers, and over 275 “Likes” on the PromoteHorror.com Facebook page. I mention these numbers because they are more than I could have ever dreamed of. 

  For those that might not have realized it, PromoteHorror.com is not the first site I started. Also celebrating its anniversary today, anniversary number 3 actually, is the site that started it all: HorrO’s Gory Reviews. It’s where I do my movie reviews, but also a place for some other horror fun like the ‘Horror on TV,’ ‘iPhone Horror Apps of the Month,’ and ‘Horror Item of the Week’ pages. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter under @Horrosreviews, and “Like” the Facebook page.

  Not celebrating an anniversary today is my second site: The Dog Days in Zombieville. This is the story I wrote and decided to make a Twitter story. The story is occasionally tweeted first, and then posted on the site. The Dog Days in Zombieville is the journal of Max Wagner, as he has documented his fight for survival in Zombieville. There are links on the site so that you can start reading from the beginning. Also, there are some other zombie related pages such as, ‘Zombie Pics,’ ‘Zombie iPhone Apps,’ and ‘Star Wars Zombies.’ If you want to follow the story on Twitter, you can find it under @ddnzombieville, and “Like” the Facebook page.

  Now back to PromoteHorror.com. “Spreading the Horror” has become the catch phrase for PromoteHorror.com, as you might have noticed. With one year down, I’m eager to continue spreading the horror. Like I said, the requests for promotions continues to be strong, so I hope horror fans will enjoy the horror that is coming their way. Again, thank you for all the support!

  HorrO

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You play a huge part in the horror community! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I'm happy to help out the horror community anytime I can!

      Delete
  2. Woot woot, Happy 1st Birthday! Continue the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend and thanks for contributing to the site!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your anniversary! Here's to many more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...